DAY ZERO

After - the rigorous review of the list of items, the wonderful farewell by the Principal and staff of Kendriya Vidyalaya Tirumalagiri and students of XII Sci and IX class, the packing of items and checking their weight, calling on the parents, relatives, friends and neighbours - I was completely BLANK on the DAY ZERO - the day I have to start my adventure. I was upset - emotionally, physically and psychologically. Everything appears to be messy. A sort of uneasiness in heart. So many questions in mind. Excitement for new experience on one side and thought of leaving my family for long on the other side. It was DAY ZERO.

I was touched emotionally when I loaded my luggage in AUTO to go to AIRPORT, I was having no words to members of my family, I could not look into their eyes, being a man I can't show my emotions, I have to control me all by myself, AUTO runs on tears! - It was DAY ZERO.

My heart solidified when my eyes were searching for some one known at the airport and found none. I cursed myself for telling all not to come to airport, but it was good, which stops me from breaking. Mechanically Checked-in, tried to talk with members of my family but the phones were not working - It was DAY ZERO.

Waiting at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, Meeting the other Exchange Teacher - Mrs Fatima, Getting into Lufthansa plane, drinking and eating the things served by air-hostess at 02:00 am on 38,000 feet high, moving with the speed of 1000 km/h, trying to sleep for some time but in vain - It was DAY ZERO.

No comments: